Gratitude is not just for your personal life. It can do wonders for your work life as well! Here I give you 4 times you should always send thank you's at work.Read More
Staying positive can have a dramatic affect on your life. It can help you build relationships, be more efficient and successful in your job and reach your goals easier. Here I give you my 7 necessities to staying positive.Read More
Gratitude is an attitude. Cheesy I know. Hopefully I didn't already lose anybody with that first sentence, but it really is true. Some gratitude professionals, if you want to call them that, recommend writing three things you are grateful for every day, some recommend 5 things you are grateful for, some recommend writing for 15 minutes about what you are grateful for. This is all good and fine, but the year is 2016 and people are busy. Some times we wake up late and scramble to get to where we need to be. Some times we crash into bed at night and pray for a restful slumber. We do not always have the time to write in a journal.
My recommendation is to work gratitude into your every day life, no matter how you do that. These are my gratitude basics:
1. Think of one thing. Now you can go crazy and think of 20 things if you want, but just the act of thinking of one thing daily if you are currently thinking of zero could be life changing. Also note, I said "think" not write. Your thoughts are powerful, putting pen to paper is helpful, but not necessary.
2. No repeats. If you said you were grateful for you family yesterday, think of something different today. Are you grateful you have a job to go to? Are you grateful you have a full belly? Really sit quietly feel all of the feels and see if something else rises to the top.
3. You do you. This is really the most important rule. If you want to be grateful for 35 things and express that by posting 35 pictures on Instagram of these things, so be it. Or if you want to emphasize the fact that you are grateful for your family daily, even though they drive you crazy. You know deep down you wouldn't be the same with out. Then do it! You do you.
The most important thing is that you start thinking about all of the abundance the universe has already sent your way. Often times in our busy world we are too intwined in our daily lives to appreciate all we have. I will help you along the way. Let's do this!
Between now and next week try to think of one thing daily, at any time in the day that you are thankful for. Try to come up with 7 unique items, but in the end, you do you. If you want to write it down, write it down. If you want to take a picture of it, take a picture of it. If you want to tell the person, tell the person.
Today I am grateful for:
1. The air I breathe
2. The fact that I finally started my blog and it is up and running!
3. My big weird family.
4. Getting market holidays off of work.
5. Waking up late.
6. Tone It Up, my favorite workout ladies who keep me fit and healthy.
What are you grateful for? - Comment below or you do you.
We live in a society that glorifies lack of sleep. We encourage employees to overwork. We give praise to those who brag about living on 4 hours of sleep. Unfortunately a lot of people do not change these bad habits until it's too late, they faint, it impacts their personal or professional lives or they are exhausted.Read More
I am so grateful for our opportunity to travel! Dennis and I took our first trip to New York City! It was a long day, 6 am flight to NYC and 4 am flight back to Omaha. We survived and this is what we experienced.Read More
You have made Grat-i-tude a regular part of your daily life. You have exercised your brain to think about things you are grateful for that may not have been top of your mind. Now it's time for the lightning round. The last 9 days of June are a mixture of topics and each day I want you to jot down the first thing that comes across your mind that you are grateful for when you read the topic. Of course you can expand from there and keep flowing. Write down the next thing you think of and then the next! And the next! And the next!Read More
Week 2 of the gratitude challenge is here! This will probably be the week you start to get in the swing of things. Maybe it is becoming easier to think of things you are grateful for. Days 8-14 here we go!Read More
Today is the first day of the Summer Gratitude Challenge! This is a day you can finally start to make gratitude a regular practice and see how it changes your perspective. To get started write down how you feel today. Also, try to write down everything you can think of that you are grateful for. We will do this again when the 30 days is over and you will be able to see how much your perspective on many things has changed and how much easier it is to think of things you are grateful for.
So what do you do to participate in the challenge?
1. On Instagram follow me @KatePSierra, check in daily for new daily challenges. Either comment with what you are grateful for or post a picture for what you are grateful for and tag @KatePSierra and #KSGratitude
2. On the blog. Comment on each weeks blog with what you are grateful for.
3. You can also participate privately by either merely thinking about or meditating on what you are grateful for OR write down what you are grateful for in a gratitude journal, in your daily planner, or on a napkin.
The point is that you merely thought about what you are grateful for. Somehow documenting your daily gratitudes I find makes me hold myself more accountable and to makesure I don't list the same things every day.
So here we go! Listed below are the first 7 days of the Summer Gratitude Challenge.
Comment below with what you are grateful for every day or take a picture and post it on Instagram @KatePSierra and #KSGratitude
In my Thirsty Thursdays I show you all of the positive, grateful, energetic things I cannot get enough of. In this week's Thirsty Thursday - Take A Listen Edition I am giving you 4 things I have listened to in the last week that have brought me joy, helped me start my day off right, and were great reminders to stay grateful. I hope you enjoy!Read More
Sometimes moms can be hard to shop for, so what do you get them for Mother's Day? Her I give you 4, nearly free, last minute friendly, and thoughtful presents for that wonderful woman in your life.Read More
It's Thirsty Thursday! OK, sorry it's Thirsty Friday this week. I want you to know this is a one woman shop and all of the content that comes out comes directly from my heart, so if a post is late like today, I probably had good reason. Check out my blog to see what has been keeping me so busy. Here's a hint, this week's edition is the Stuck in the Airport Edition.Read More
A Vision Board is a tool you can use to help you achieve your goals, get everything you desire, and focus on what you want out of life. It can be used for everything from getting you to your desired locations across the world, the jobs you want, and the feelings you want to feel.Read More
It's Thirsty Thursday where I let you in on everything that I just cannot get enough of this week. As I sit here on my balcony writing this, I cannot focus on anything else besides the fabulous weather. That is why this week's Thirsty Thursday is a warm weather edition. Everything this week is warm weather, Spring, flowers on the trees related. Hope you enjoy!Read More