You know when you go on vacation and you experience a different world and different experiences and then you try to work what you learned into your everyday life back home? How did it go? I suspect, possibly not as swimingly as you had hoped. Recently we went on vacation to the Bahamas and I found 4 small life changes that I could easily work into my life.Read More
Sometimes days go glitch free. Everything seems to be going your way. It is like you are an open window and the universe just keeps sending things to you. Then, there are the other days that help us appreciate those great days. These are the days that test you, and sometimes those tests come in threes. This is how you can handle them.Read More
Staying positive can have a dramatic affect on your life. It can help you build relationships, be more efficient and successful in your job and reach your goals easier. Here I give you my 7 necessities to staying positive.Read More
Gratitude is an attitude. Cheesy I know. Hopefully I didn't already lose anybody with that first sentence, but it really is true. Some gratitude professionals, if you want to call them that, recommend writing three things you are grateful for every day, some recommend 5 things you are grateful for, some recommend writing for 15 minutes about what you are grateful for. This is all good and fine, but the year is 2016 and people are busy. Some times we wake up late and scramble to get to where we need to be. Some times we crash into bed at night and pray for a restful slumber. We do not always have the time to write in a journal.
My recommendation is to work gratitude into your every day life, no matter how you do that. These are my gratitude basics:
1. Think of one thing. Now you can go crazy and think of 20 things if you want, but just the act of thinking of one thing daily if you are currently thinking of zero could be life changing. Also note, I said "think" not write. Your thoughts are powerful, putting pen to paper is helpful, but not necessary.
2. No repeats. If you said you were grateful for you family yesterday, think of something different today. Are you grateful you have a job to go to? Are you grateful you have a full belly? Really sit quietly feel all of the feels and see if something else rises to the top.
3. You do you. This is really the most important rule. If you want to be grateful for 35 things and express that by posting 35 pictures on Instagram of these things, so be it. Or if you want to emphasize the fact that you are grateful for your family daily, even though they drive you crazy. You know deep down you wouldn't be the same with out. Then do it! You do you.
The most important thing is that you start thinking about all of the abundance the universe has already sent your way. Often times in our busy world we are too intwined in our daily lives to appreciate all we have. I will help you along the way. Let's do this!
Between now and next week try to think of one thing daily, at any time in the day that you are thankful for. Try to come up with 7 unique items, but in the end, you do you. If you want to write it down, write it down. If you want to take a picture of it, take a picture of it. If you want to tell the person, tell the person.
Today I am grateful for:
1. The air I breathe
2. The fact that I finally started my blog and it is up and running!
3. My big weird family.
4. Getting market holidays off of work.
5. Waking up late.
6. Tone It Up, my favorite workout ladies who keep me fit and healthy.